Afghani Chicken Gravy | Afghani Chicken Recipe Restaurant Style | Chicken Afghani | Chicken Afghani Gravy | Chicken Afghani Recipe | Afghani Chicken Recipe | Chicken Afghani Gravy Recipe
Ingredients for Afghani Chicken:
– Chicken, large pieces with bones – 500 gms (preferably leg & thigh pieces)
– Onion, cubed- 1 medium (75 gms)
– Ginger- 1” piece chopped (9-10 gms)
– Garlic cloves- 7-8 (10 gms before peeling)
– Green Chillies, cut- 2-3 (7-8 gms)
– Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp (6 gms)
– Onion-Spice paste- made earlier
– Whisked Curd/Yogurt (not sour)- 120 ml
– Fresh Cream or Malai- 5 tbsp or 50 ml
– Lemon Juice- 2 tsp (1/2 a lemon)
– Crushed pepper- 1/2 tsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Roasted Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi), powdered- 1.5 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 3/4 tsp
– Melted butter- 1 tbsp
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Piece of charcoal (for infusing smoke to the chicken for a barbecue flavour)
– Ghee- 1 tsp
– Peel and quarter the onion, peel and chop the ginger and garlic.
– Cut the green chillies & roughly chop the coriander leaves.
– Add all the items for the paste in a blender/grinder and blend it into a paste.
– Take the washed and drained pieces of chicken in a bowl and add all the items for marination. Mix well.
For infusing smoke to get a barbecue flavor-
– Fire up a small piece of charcoal directly on the gas stove till it starts glowing.
– Place a small steel bowl or aluminium foil shaped like a bowl in the middle of the marinated chicken pieces.
– Once the charcoal is ready, hold it with a tong & place it in the steel bowl.
– Immediately drop little ghee on the burning charcoal & close the lid immediately.
– Set aside for 2 hrs.
– Heat oil in a pan and arrange only the marinated chicken pieces without the marinade.
– Keep frying the pieces on medium to occasional high heat, keep turning the pieces till the pieces are fully browned for around 9-10 mins.
– Now add all the marinade, give a mix and fry for 2-3 mins. Add 150 ml water, give a mix and cover & cook on low heat for around 20 mins (stir once in between).
– Add 1/4 tsp of Garam masala powder, give a mix and add little water if required.
– Simmer for 2-3 mins.
– Serve with roti or naan.
#afghanichickengravy #chickenafghani #afghanichickenrecipe #chickenafghanigravy #afghanichickencurry #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken