[RECIPE BELOW] Beef Cauliflower Skillet.
Quick, cheesy, fatty… Do I need to say more?
| The Recipe |
– 2 tbsp Oil (Extra Virgin Olive, Coconut or Avocado)
– 4 cups (about 600g) Cauliflower Florets (from 1 medium head)
– 1 tsp Salt
– 1/2 tsp Pepper
– 1/4 cup (60ml) Water
– 2 cloves Garlic, minced (or 2 tsp Garlic Puree)
– 1 lb (approx 500g) Ground Beef
– 1 tbsp Tomato Puree/Paste
– 1/4 cup (about 60ml) Double/Heavy Cream
– 1 & 1/4 cups (140g) Mozzarella, shredded
– 1/4 cup loosely packed (6g) Parsley, chopped
1. Heat 1 tbspof the oil in a large, skillet (with a lid) over medium-high heat.
2. Add the cauliflower and season with the salt and pepper.
3. Cook, stirring often, for about 2 minutes, until the cauliflower just starts to brown a little.
4. Pour in the water, cover with a lid, and cook the cauliflower, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes until just tender. Remove and set aside.
5. Lower the heat to medium and add the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the skillet.
6. Add the garlic and cook for just 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the ground beef. Continue to cook, breaking up the beef, until it is no longer pink.
7. Stir in the tomato paste, cream, and1/4 cup (28g)of the mozzarella cheese.
8. Add the cauliflower back in and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover the skillet with a lid until until the cheese is just melted – about 2 minutes.
9. Top with the parsley and serve hot.
Please note, all macros are calculated with My Fitness Pal and may vary on ingredients used.
Net Carbs: 4g
| The Keto Kitchen |
Twitter: @KetoKitchen_UK ( )
Zazie Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License