Grated Parmesan Crusted Chicken (Keto & GF Friendly)
1 lb. thinly sliced chicken cutlets
1 cup of all-purpose flour (see note for Keto or gluten free conversions)
1 cup (total) grated Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
*Olive oil for frying (enough to coat the bottom of your frying pan)
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 large egg or 2 small eggs
1 tablespoon of water
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (divided)
2 1/2 cups of fresh tomato sauce
6 ounces of sliced fresh Mozzarella cheese
3 cups fresh spinach chopped ( not fine)
1 Pinch of salt
*Parsley and balsamic glaze for the top of the chicken (optional)
*Note – to convert to KETO and GF diet use almond flour for Keto or gluten-free flour blend
For Gluten Free Recipes
1. Beat egg and add 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1 Tbsp. water, mix and set aside.
2. Coat the chicken in flour, then egg, then cheese and then back in flour making sure you cover each piece of chicken well, patting it down when dipping it into the cheese and flour, set aside!
3. In a medium sized skillet melt butter over medium high heat and add the other 1/4 tsp. garlic powder. Heat for less than a minute and add the spinach. Cook until just done, about 1 to 2 minutes and set aside.
4. In the same skillet coat the bottom with olive oil. Heating it up over medium high heat and frying two pieces of chicken at a time turning them with a fork and spatula in one minute intervals. Cook until they are just done, keeping in mind they will cook more in the oven (about 2 to 3 minutes each)
5. Place chicken on paper towels to drain excess oil and season with a pinch of salt. Take a baking pan and cover the bottom with tomato sauce. Place the chicken in the pan and top with the cooked spinach , sauce and then the fresh mozzarella slices.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is firm. Serve with fresh parsley, more tomato sauce and balsamic glaze on top! Enjoy ❤️😋
#ketochicken #glutenfree #dinner