This Coconut Chicken Soup is so good you can drink it from a mug – seriously, it’s what I ended up doing. My mom tried it and loved it – and she’s picky. It’s both warming and cooling, spicy, and refreshing – all at the same time. Seriously, and it’s so easy, you can make it in about 15 minutes. Also, it’s low-carb and keto friendly!
www.blacktiekitchen.com for this recipe and more!
Follow me on:
– 32 oz unsalted chicken broth
– 16 oz coconut milk (1 can)
– ½ chicken breast / turkey breast, cooked
– ½ lime
– 2-4 tsp fish sauce
– ~1 tsp red pepper flakes
– green onions
1. Remove the chicken from the fridge to start removing the chill.
2. Pour the broth into a pot.
3. Add the coconut milk – shake the can beforehand.
4. Bring the pot to the stove top over medium/medium high heat to bring to a simmer. Add red pepper and fish sauce. Taste and add salt (since the fish sauce tends to high in sodium).
5. While the broth simmers, shred the chicken/turkey breast.
6. Taste the broth again and season accordingly. Then add the chicken and raise the heat a bit to bring it back to a simmer.
7. Meanwhile, chop some green onions.
8. Remove the pot from the stove, pour some soup into a bowl and garnish with the green onions.
#blacktiekitchen #chickencoconutsoup #soup