If you enjoy our low carb or keto recipes, please SUBSCRIBE and click the NOTIFICATION bell so that you do not miss out on any videos.
Follow our social medias at;
Who doesn’t love crispy chicken? I sure do ! But most often, fried chicken are crispy from the wheat or other starchy flour coating which is not low carb or keto friendly. Now here’s a flourless version which is naturally crispy from the chicken skin itself. And when I said crispy, I am referring to an earth shattering crunch !
This flourless crispy chicken takes only a few minutes to make and all you need is chicken, cooking oil, salt and pepper. It’s best to use boneless chicken such as the thigh or drum as they are more tender and juicy. For this video, I used 2 whole boneless chicken leg cut into 4 pieces.
The key to get the chicken skin crispy is to make sure that the chicken especially the skin is dry. Any moisture will not make the chicken skin crispy as we know water and oil do not get along. The other important thing is to flatten the chicken skin on the pan so that it gets all the heat evenly. That’s why you need to weigh down the chicken with a pot or pan and apply pressure to flatten the skin. Then put something heavy like a big pestle or small mortar into the pot to add more weight. So go ahead and try this fail proof, guiltfree and delicious crispy chicken.
2 whole boneless chicken leg (cut into 4 pieces)
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Pat dry the chicken with paper towel.
2. Season with salt on both sides of chicken.
2. Heat a non-stick pan with a bit of cooking oil and place chicken skin down.
3. Cover with parchment paper and weigh down with a pot or pan. Apply pressure with the pot to flatten the chicken skin as much as possible. Add more weight by placing a pestle or mortar onto the pot.
4. Cook at medium high heat for about 5 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to burn the chicken skin.
5. Once the chicken skin has turned golden brown, remove the pot, pestle and parchment paper.
6. Season with black pepper then flip over the chicken and cook for just a bit as the heat would have penetrated the whole chicken.
7. Remove chicken, cut into pieces and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Enjoy !