The first meal of the day establishes the vibe for the rest! 😋
Everything you need to know about the keto diet: /
See more keto recipes : /
Best exercise plan for the keto diet : /
Simple keto meal plan : /
1 Whole Chicken – Brined & Roast
8 leaves Romaine Lettuce
1 Cup Mayo
1 Stalk Celery
¼ Cup Red Onion
¼ Cup Green Bell Pepper
1 Tablespoon Dill
1 Tablespoon Parsley
2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Mustard
All Chicken Dripping
2 Cups beef stock
½ Cup onion
1. Make a saltwater brine by mixing ¼ cup of salt and 4 cups of hot water – let cool.
2. Place a whole chicken in a large freezer bag and add brine. Let it rest for 24 hours in the fridge.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F.
4. Remove chicken from brine and pat skin dry with a paper towel.
5. Rub with skin with salt.
6. Roast in a deep dish pan in the oven for approximately 60 minutes until cooked.
7. Reserve juices, let chicken cool and peel off skin reserving on the side.
8. Shred chicken in a bowl and return skin to oven on a baking sheet until crispy (about 10 mins).
9. Mix mayo, diced celery, red onion, bell pepper, dill, parsley, lemon juice and mustard.
10. Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
12. In a medium pot, add 1 tablespoon of chicken dripping, onion and cook until browned.
13. Add the rest of the cooking juices and stock. Simmer until thick.
14. Fill lettuce cups with chicken mix, top with chicken skin and gravy.
➡ Nutritional Information:
Carbs: 5.7g (7.04%)
Net Carbs: 4g (4.94%)
Protein: 19.2g (23.70%)
Fat: 56.1g (69.26%)
Total Weight: 81g