Low Carb Chicken Divan – Join us for a low carb recipe remake! In this video, we tackle one of the most popular chicken casserole recipes of all time: Chicken Divan. This delicious keto recipe for Chicken Divan casserole is sure to be hit. Whether a weeknight dinner, or a family gathering, everyone loves this easy keto recipe. The key to this casserole is a clever substitute for cream of mushroom soup. So, grab a drink, grab a snack, and settle in for another episode of Highfalutin’ Low Carb.
LOW CARB CHICKEN DIVAN CASSEROLE
Highfalutin’ Low Carb
1 Tbsp bacon fat
1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 lb fresh broccoli florets, separated (or 20 oz. frozen broccoli florets)
2 Tbsp butter
1/3 c. white onion
8 oz. white button mushrooms
1/2 c. white wine
3/4 c. heavy cream
3/4 c. chicken broth
2 oz. cream cheese
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 c. shredded cheddar
1/3 c. mayo
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 c. grated parmesan
3/4 c. crushed pork rinds
1. In a food processor, pulse the onions and mushrooms until finely chopped. Set aside.
2. Brown chicken thighs in bacon fat until cooked throughly, set aside. Roughly chop when cool.
3. While chicken is browning, steam the broccoli in the microwave until cooked through and drain well. (You can also use a frozen steam-in-bag of broccoli.)
4. Add the butter to the remaining fat in the pan, and saute the onion and mushroom mixture over medium heat until cooked thoroughly, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Add the white wine, heavy cream, chicken broth and cream cheese to the pan and reduce over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to briefly cool.
6. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Arrange broccoli in the dish, add the roughly chopped chicken on top.
7. In a medium bowl, add the cooled sauce mixture, shredded cheddar, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix well. Pour over chicken and broccoli. Smooth with spatula.
8. Cook at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the shredded parmesan and pork rinds. Return to oven and brown the top for 5-8 minutes.
Makes 6 Servings.
Total Carbs: 7.5g
Net Carbs: 5.5g
ProTeak Teak Cutting Board: G
Gourmia Induction Cooktop: e
Duke’s Mayonnaise Recipe Pouch: k
Commercial “Cafeteria Spoon”: b
Highfalutin’ Amazon Shop: b
(We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.)
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Amazon Shop: b
Email Inquiries: wes (at) highfalutinlowcarb (dot) com