This lightened version of shrimp pad Thai features a delicious and bright sauce, plus keto-friendly shirataki noodles. Enjoy it hot off the stove or straight out of the fridge — and make a big batch for lunch the next day.
– 2 (7-ounce) packages shirataki fettuccini noodles
– 18 medium-size, wild-caught shrimp
– 2 pastured eggs, beaten
– 1 ½ tbsp. Brain Octane oil, divided (
– 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
– 1 lime, juiced and divided
– 1 tsp. cashew butter
– 1 clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
– ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
– ¼ cup cilantro
– 2 green onions, chopped
– Sea salt
– 4 cashews, crushed (optional garnish)
1. Prepare shirataki noodles according to package directions (rinse for 15 seconds, then boil for 2 minutes in a pot of boiling water, then drain the noodles and place them in a dry skillet over medium heat and “dry roast” them for 1 minute). Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix ¾ tablespoon Brain Octane oil, coconut aminos, ½ of the lime juice, cashew butter, garlic and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add remaining ¾ tablespoon Brain Octane Oil, shrimp and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for approximately 1 ½ to 2 minutes each side.
4. Move the shrimp to the side of the skillet and add the beaten eggs to the open area of the skillet. Quickly cook the eggs to a soft scramble, about 1 minute.
5. Add shirataki noodles, sauce mixture, cilantro and green onions to skillet with shrimp and eggs. Toss everything together and mix well. Heat until warmed through.
6. To finish, drizzle the rest of the fresh lime juice and remaining Brain Octane oil over entire skillet, taste for seasoning and add sea salt and/or more crushed red pepper if desired. Garnish with optional crushed cashews and serve.
Get the recipe: /
Discover even more Bulletproof recipes here: /
Subscribe to Bulletproof on YouTube today for the latest recipes, health and wellness videos and more!
Connect with us on social media for the latest updates:
Facebook – f
Instagram – f
Note:MCT oil has a smoke point of 320°F. To preserve the quality of your fats, keep your skillet on medium heat, or cook your shrimp in a fat of choice like coconut oil, avocado oil or ghee.
#bulletproof #recipes #keto