Water chestnut is one of my favorite meal additions, but I was having a hard time finding a way to incorporate this higher carb ingredient into my meal macros. While there’s only a small amount of water chestnut in this meal, paired with the bamboo shoot, it comes out so nicely with all of the other stir-fry ingredients. Feel free to leave out the konjac noodles if they’re not your thing – they don’t add much nutrition-wise and are mostly there for the more traditional feel of the dish.
❤️ Subscribe to my channel for more relaxing videos!
Links on where to buy ingredients/items below recipe!
🍴 RECIPE: Shrimp & Broccoli Stir-fry (2 servings)
Tags: keto, paleo, low carb, gluten-free, dairy-free
• 312g-315g frozen cooked shrimp, defrosted in the fridge the night before
• 360g broccoli
• 35g water chestnut
• 35g bamboo shoot
• 2 green onions
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 tbsp tamari sauce
• 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
• 3 tsp minced ginger
• 1 tsp ground Chinese 5 spice
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 – 1.5 tsp avocado oil
• Ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 tsp sesame seeds
• Optional: 1 package konjac noodles (link below)
1. Rinse shrimp and pat dry, set aside to dry on paper towel while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
2. Dice the broccoli into bite-size pieces. Rinse well.
3. Dice the water chestnut and bamboo shoot into bite-size pieces.
4. Thinly slice the green onion. Mince the garlic clove separately.
5. In a small bowl, combine the tamari sauce, rice vinegar, minced ginger, ground Chinese 5 spice, salt, and pepper.
6. Optional: rinse the konjac noodles under cold water and set aside.
7. In a wok or large pan, warm the avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add in the shrimp and garlic, cook for 6 minutes while stirring to fry the garlic.
8. Add the broccoli, water chestnut, and bamboo shoot to the wok/pan and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes to soften the broccoli slightly. Stir occasionally.
9. Add the spice mixture to the wok/pan and coat to combine thoroughly. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, then remove everything out of the wok/pan.
10. If using konjac noodles, add them to the wok/pan at this time and mix them around to grab the remainders of the spices. Fry for 3-5 minutes while mixing often to prevent the noodles from drying out too quickly.
11. Divide the stir-fry and noodles, if using, into two bowls. Top with half of the green onions and sesame seeds per bowl. Enjoy!
🔺 PER SERVING MACROS
29.7g fat / 4.8g total carb / 1.5g fiber / 39.4g protein
* Please note that macros are approximations and calculated with my specific ingredients.
📌 WHERE TO BUY INGREDIENTS/ITEMS
• Konjac noodles
• Himalayan pink salt
• Tamari sauce
• Rice vinegar
• Chinese 5 spice
• Avocado oil
• Sesame seeds
☆ Follow/Contact Me
“Crinoline Dreams” by /
Unauthorized redistribution and editing of this video without permission from Earl Grey Cafe (EGC) is prohibited. Please contact EGC with any inquiries. Thank you!